Sunday, July 25, 2010

Uncle David's Vintage Drunkard's Path

The wonderful vintage fabrics I first mentioned here have been cut, pieced, & quilted.

These fabrics came from Uncle David's mother & sister:


I'm pretty sure these two gals bought these fabrics, stashed it in a box, and forgot about them.
In 1955.

These cloths were in great condition!

This is my first attempt at curves and at the drunkard's path quilt pattern.
The pattern is super cute and easier than I expected.

Here, you can see the pieced backing with the vintage pieces:
I used the red fabric with green strawberries for binding (also vintage)
The curves came out so much better than I could have imagined:
Again, quilted by the fabulous gals at Melear's Fabrics in Salem & Sullivan MO.

Delivered to Uncle David this morning.... I think he loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment