Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bed for the dog crate



Here's some shots of my first zipper project!

This is a box-pillow that will cover some high-density foam for a kennel mat for Stella (I know, I'm over the top with it))
I used exterior upholstery weight material.

If you can't tell by the photo this was some sort of two sided zipper where there's two different zipper cars and it can be opened by either end.

I ended up putting it in by exposing the teeth. I even tried my hand at a top stitch! and, check out the serging on the inside.

I watched a few youtube tutorials on zippers and asked everyone I knew how they do them.
Eventually, I'd like to learn the proper zipper installation technique!

what a hoot!

It's not perfect - the ends of the zipper need some minor adjustment....

No comments:

Post a Comment